Sunday, January 4, 2015

Life at 23

On my birthday last year, I wrote a post entitled, "The Makings Of"  and gave you a little insight to the tweetables of my last few years, with headings designed after the mix cd titles my best friend Caity made me.

The final year, (as I was counting by school semesters really instead of year to year, which I am now doing) was left inconclusive. So, here's what you've missed, and here's how I got to be where I am today, 23 years in.

Year 22 Fall Semester:
I Guess We Made It, or At Least We Made it this far. 22. 
First semester of my Master's degree was characterized by anxiety, waiting, depression, and the Lord.

-Moved to Belfast, Northern Ireland
-Traveled to Paris, France 
-Fall hard out of love 
-Began writing for a content developing company 
-Gained a second nephew, Samuel Jonathan 

My people: 
Noah Baslé
Leslie Lancaster (penpal)
Kristina Grimes Pugatch (cousin)
Trifecta and Kira/Abby (via text)
Anna (monthly skype friend)
Elaine (housemate)
David Tinsley (gardener)
Hadden Wilson (boss)
My mom


Nobody Likes You When You're 23

Ironically, that just wasn't true for this past January to December. 
No semester/year could have been more different than those first four months in Ireland. 
I'm happy, I'm healthy, I'm loved. 

-Made friends
-Second semester of Master's degree 
-Traveled to Prague, Czech Republic
-Traveled to Vienna, Austria
-Traveled to Scotland (and white water canoed into the Loch Ness. Epic) 
-Dyed my hair for the first time ever (dark brown/black) 
-Re-met and subsequently fell for Julius Walt
-Married off my best friend to her best friend 
-Moved to Arkansas into Glenwood Gables 
-Began working for John Brown University as an Admissions Counselor 
-Dyed my hair red 
-Finished writing Master's thesis 
-Traveled to Belfast to graduate from Master's thesis 
-Gained a goddaughter, Fiona

My people: 

-Eli Zuspan and Emily Orf 
-Amy Burnside (Belfast Bff)
-Naomi Deering (BBFF) 
-Lauren, Kiera, and Lynsey (BBFFs) 
-Jo, Amy Finlay, Emma (Master's mates) 
-Megan (BBFF)
-Leslie Lancaster
-Peter Myers
-Adam Howard
-Kristina Grimes Pugatch (cousin)
-Trifecta and Kira/Abby (via text)
-Anna (monthly skype friend)
-Elaine (housemate-belfast)
-David Tinsley (gardener)
-Hadden Wilson (boss)
-Sarah Cowles and Liz Chance (AR housemates)
-Madison Stewart
-Tracy Balzer, Kristi Neerman, Perri Blake (mentors)
-Julius Walt









No comments:

Post a Comment