Friday, March 14, 2014

#MomWeek2014

Jansie came to see her baby.

Or at least that's what she's claiming. Really, I think I'm just a good wee excuse to adventure.

People see pictures of this country and think there's been some sort of propaganda type editing, but no. It really is that so-bright-it's-kind-of-hurting-my-eyes green.

Thus far, she made it from Dublin to Belfast all on her lonesome and from there to the house via a tour from her darlingest daughter. Actually, that award would (and rightly should) go to one of my sisters-in-law, but I'm her only blood daughter...that I know of.

Last night was just funny. I was exhausted and there she was perky as a flower in the sun, asking lots of questions and blithely anticipating answers.  Wee pet. No. She also refused my gentle suggestion (okay maybe it wasn't all that gentle) suggestion to take a few sleeping pills.

Either way, she is handling jetlag like a rockstar and was bright-eyed and bushy tailed (yet again before her daughter!!) early this morning.

We spent the day in three parts.

Part one was with Hadden. He collected us and took us into the countryside to Comber (pronounced Cumber) to a Post Office turned coffeeshop. As par usual, he delighted us with both wit and wisdom.

Part two was spent in city centre, wandering about, eating yummy food at Nando's, and getting chummy with the city. Lost is the new found.

In part three, we vegged. It's hard work being friendly and fabulous, you know? Sometimes you've just gotta watch UK commercials, talk about dreams of the future, and snuggle. Ok and maybe eat Ramen. It tasted like America and an early death by heart attack.

It's good to have my ma.



No comments:

Post a Comment