Sunday, June 8, 2014

Lasts


  • Last lunch with my MA friends (Boojum and Common Grounds after for coffee and traybakes)
  • Last goodbye and house reset for any groups I'll be in charge of (Family and Human Services. We liked them very much). 
  • Last bonding time with Heather and Jonny (My smallgroup leaders during the past year, featured here with their kids, Heather's sweet sister Lorna, and some cute kids I was babysitting)
  • Last trip to the special collections (to look up an old MA dissertation for help on how to structure my own)
  • Last coffee in the Starbucks on Botanic (the site of many a public tear shed)
  • Last night in my room, St. Patrick (They needed my room for one of the other group's students)
  • Last "class" (technically that was a couple weeks ago, but I had to return to meet with my dissertation supervisor) 
  • "The Last Supper" with the girls (High Tea with Lynsey, Lauren, and Megan)
  • Last Botanic outing (dinner with Steve and Hot Greg)
  • Last cuddles with Lauren at midnight (really good surprise)
  • Last Sunday morning at Belfast City Vineyard (Happy Pentecost, errybody!)
  • Last hugs with Kiera and my other church friends (Held it together dynamically until my final hug with Kiera)
  • Last hugs with Megs (she came over to drop by a "Northern Irish Must-Haves" gift. So lovely)
  • Last tea with Naomi (where I passed the torch of Mac n Cheese and Kool-Aid off to her, we finished the season of New Girl we started when I got here, and she gave me an "on-flight entertainment" gift, wrapped but I'm assured it's customs approved)
  • Last bag packed (It was an ordeal. Don't even want to discuss how much cursing happened)
Now to spend my last night in the place I've called home for almost a year now and will forever be part of my soul. Lynsey told me I'm allowed to claim myself as 1/22 Northern Irish now and would be more legitimate in doing so than nearly every American that claims Irish heritage. It made me laugh. And it's probably true. 

These here are my last goodbyes. Wow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment