Friday, June 20, 2014

What You've Missed: The Move

It wasn't enough that I moved continents about 11 days ago. Nope! I needed to hop on across the state line as well.

It's official! I am now living in Siloam Springs, Arkansas. I won't say I'm a resident there yet (though all my paperwork is filled out with my new semi-permanent address), but this is where I live now.


Ain't she cute and southern with her front porch and all? 

I am the newest resident of Glenwood Gables, with my housemates Sarah and Liz. However, Liz has yet to appear back from Vacation, so I've just been getting to know Sarah. 

Already I love them. They could not be sweeter. When I arrived at the house, they'd moved in my desk and bedframe that had been in their garage (a system of internationally buying things off my university's classified ads, my parents graciously transferring them, and then to storage at the Gables), put a vase of flowers in my favorite color, and written me notes/put little gifts around the house. 

They made my transition to Arkansas fun and sweet and easy. I've been very blessed. 

And then, of course, there's Walmart. 

Okay so maybe I have missed the south just a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment