Friday, June 14, 2013

2/20/11-Embrace the Salty Bubble

There is an odd thing going on inside of me.
Like a bubble. Growing. about to burst. 
I kind of like this bubble. Though I’ve seen its presence before in other people, I have never seen it in myself. It’s nice.
I am not a crier. I hate tears. I hate tears in myself. Other people. Movies. Books. They are gross. And messy. 
But tears. Tears are none of those things. Tears are an outward reflection of an internal expression. Tears prove that we are, in fact, human. Jesus wept. 
For so many years I read that and thought nothing of it. But Jamie! Jesus wept. So if Jesus is the son of God. and you are the Daughter of God, and HE wept, why then do you think that you are too good to weep? The answer? I am not. I am human. I cry. and nevermore will I apologize for it. 
Today, for the first time, I understood. 2 Corinthians 1:3-5 came alive to me:
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 5 For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. 6 If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. 7 And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.
Compassion and comfort are beautiful. To receive and to give. It does not make you weak. Indeed, it strengthens you. and it edifies you. because our God is a God of comfort and of strength and of compassion. In our weakness, He is made strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment