Friday, June 14, 2013

4/7/11-Think On Such Things

The Lord recently has struck me with…”
2 Corinthians 10:5, "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 
Okay. So. This is huge. Thoughts are like the tongue. They just run away without you realy realizing it. And, if you’re like me, your thoughts are not obedient to God 97% of the time.
Though I recognize this, I often get frustrated. I am so used to thinking about those things and about well. not being obedient to God. So what then do I think about? Well. I finally got an answer and felt pretty silly when I did. Because God tells us straight up what to think about doesn’t he?
Philippians 4:8: Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable. If anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. 
It's so simple that it’s hard. Therefore, when you find yourself struggling against straggler thougthts, remember this verse. And think about such things.

No comments:

Post a Comment